- Founding Member
The Maine we live in today is a lot different from what it was when we started this firm. Back then too many people-honest, hard-working people-found themselves battling a system for their survival, because there weren't many people out there who would fight for them. I am proud of McTeague Higbee and the work the firm continues to do because, while the firm has progressed since we opened our doors, we still have a long way to go when it comes to fair treatment and justice for all.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Rights/Employment Discrimination
- Labor Law
- Pensions, Benefits & Compensations -- Employee
- Ohio, 1962
- Maine, 1965
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1965
- U.S. District Court District of Maine, 1966
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit, 1973
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2004
- Ohio State University College of Law, Columbus, Ohio
- J.D. - 1961
- Miami University, Oxford, Ohio
- A.B. - 1959
- Maine Workers' Compensation Handbook, University of Maine, Bureau of Labor Education, 1985
- Adams v. Bowater Inc., 313 F.3d 611, 2002, 1st Cir.
- Austin v. Unarco Industries, 705 F.2d 1, 1983, 1st Cir.
- Martin v. Travelers Insurance Co., 497 F2d 329, 1974, 1st Cir.
- International Paper Co. v. United Paperworkers Int'l., 551 A.2d 1356, 1988, Me, 1988166679
- Bernard v. Cives Corp., 395 A.2d 1141, 1978, Me., 1979144606
- Lewiston Firefighters's Ass'n. v. City of Lewiston, 354 A.2d 154, 1976, Me., 1976100742
- Union Mutual Life Ins. Co. v. Emerson, 345 A.2d 504, 1975, Me
- State v. Warren and Phinney, 312 A.2d 535, 1973, Me., 1973102756
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- U.S. Naval Reserve - Active Duty, Lieutenant, 1962 to 1965
- ERISA Advisory Council U.S.D.O.L., Public Member, 1999 to 2002
- Maine State Bar, Member, 1965