We're client advocates. We stand up. We give you a voice.
For over 35 years, the attorneys of McTeague Higbee have fought hard to protect the rights of people in Maine and across the country. We understand what it takes to protect interests and right wrongs. Founded in 1976, we've grown to become a firm of 11 attorneys who share a passion for helping our clients.
The accomplishments of our attorneys are varied and numerous. We assisted in drafting the Maine Human Rights Act and have argued cases in the U.S. Court of Appeals and the Maine Supreme Court that led to important changes in the laws related to negligence and workers' rights.
No matter who our clients are — an individual, a union or a group of people — our goal is single-minded: to fight for their rights, whether that's in the courtroom or legislature.
Our lawyers are here to help people in Maine and beyond in cases involving:
- Labor Law/Union Representation
- Workers' Compensation
- Longshore Injuries
- Social Security Disability
- Wage & Hour
- Personal Injury (car accidents and defective products)
- Asbestos Related Diseases
- Maritime Injury/Jones-Act Cases
- Construction Site Accidents
- Wills, Trusts, Elder Law and Estates